Reserve your place now. This is your opportunity to quiz a cross section of candidates on their views and opinions on all things relating to Humanism.
The discussion will address key issues of interest to humanists in the EU, such as:
- Secularism and European institutions;
- Defence of the rule of law, democracy and human rights;
- Scientific research policy;
- and International Relations
The need for a strong humanist stance in Europe is more important now than ever. Developing radical populism and reactionary conservatism in many member states has given rise to xenophobia, homophobia and anti-democratic activity. Combined with the weight of powerful religious lobbies, the task facing the Humanism movement in Europe is great.
We will be expecting a lively question and answer session surrounding these issues, and the challenges facing humanists in Europe today.
- Mary Honeyball MEP, Labour Party
- Caroline Attfield, Conservative Party
- Matt J. McLaren, Liberal Democrats
- Gerard Batten MEP, UKIP
- Caroline Allen, Green Party
Dr. Louise Irvine, NHA party
This is a free event and you can register your attendance here.
If you can't make the event but would like to submit a question for the candidates, you can tweet questions to @BHAhumanists using the hashtag #HHEP14, or you can email your question to email@example.com.