Young Humanists is wholly run and supported by volunteers from across the UK. Volunteering with Young Humanists can help you gain experience in project management, event planning, public speaking, and much more, as well as helping you to build a local and national network of new friends and professional contacts. You’ll also play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of the Humanist movement in the UK.
As a Young Humanists volunteer, you could be involved in:
- Being an Ambassador in your local area – engaging with local Humanist groups to help them attract young people, running local events (face to face and online), representing Young Humanists at events in your area, and supporting Humanists UK’s campaigns (e.g. engaging with local organisations or encouraging people in your area to write to their MP on a particular issue)
- Supporting Young Humanists with a specific skill – such as managing our social media feed, helping with graphic design, or writing surveys on our behalf
- Helping to increase the public understanding of humanism – through the Humanists UK school speaker programme or by speaking at interfaith forum or other local events
- Help us ‘Humanise Humanism’ by writing a blog on relevant issue, sharing what Humanism means to you, or being part of a panel or speaker event on a topic you’re passionate about
- Getting involved in Humanist UK pastoral care services – such as training to become a Pastoral Carer or a Humanist Ceremonies Celebrant
- Being part of our national committee – leading on strategy, comms, events, or volunteering.
Sound interesting? Email us at email@example.com to find out mor