Young Humanists is led by a committee that drives national and regional events throughout the year. They are supported by a team of local Ambassadors, who are the ‘on the ground’ representatives, working a part of local humanist or other community groups. We also have a team of volunteers specialising in areas like social media, design and research, who support the committee and individual Ambassadors.
Becoming a volunteer for Young Humanists gives you the opportunity to:
- Play a pivotal role in growing the humanist movement and community
- Build up CPD hours and improve your CV
- Gain experience in project management, event planning, public speaking, networking and marketing
- Get involved in local community projects
- Meet new people, locally and nationally, extending your social and professional circles.
Young Humanists Ambassador
As an Ambassador, you will network with nearby Local Groups, Humanist Students societies and other relevant groups (e.g. skeptics groups), to ensure that the needs of 18-35 year old non-religious people in your area are met.
Activities might include:
- Putting on events with a view to getting younger people involved (e.g. pub quizzes, campaign work, family-friendly events like coffee-mornings or Sunday brunches, litter picks or picnics)
- Advising local humanist groups on how to put on events that will get young people involved
- Attending relevant nearby events in order to promote Young Humanists
Where possible, we encourage Ambassadors to request a position on their nearest Local Group’s committee (or to set one up if there isn’t a group nearby!)
You will have plenty of expertise to draw on from the Young Humanists Executive Committee and Officers, including lots of advice and support on social media and event management, as well as a network of existing Ambassadors who can share their experiences with you. You will also have a go-to member of the Executive Committee for any advice or suggestions.
If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with, send an email to Lauren, Young Humanists Coordinator – email@example.com –with your name, location, experience, and motivation to get involved to register your interest
More information is available the Young Humanists Volunteer Pack.