The 2015 Happiness Photography Competition is now open for entries.
How to Enter
The competition deadline has now passed. Thank you for all the entries!
- The title of the photo (if there is one). Maximum 100 characters.
- Which category you are entering (see details)
- Your name
- Your contact telephone number (if 18+ – we’ll only use this to contact you regarding this competition)
- If you are under 16, written consent from a parent or guardian
- Optionally, please let us know where you heard about the competition
Your entries should be in jpg format, with a minimum size of 1200 pixels on the long edge, and no larger than 3mb each. Please use a filename of your name, so for example EmmaJones.jpg.
You can enter up to three photographs. If you send more, we’ll take the first three.
By entering, you will be taken to have accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
- You must own the copyright for each photograph that you enter, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your images have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- Your photograph must be unpublished, and not accepted for publication. Your photograph cannot have won prizes in other competitions.
- We won’t accept entries sent through agencies.
- We don’t accept postal entries, sorry.
- Copyright of all entries remains with you. However, by entering you grant Humanists UK the right to use your name and entry (with a credit to you) to publicise this competition, exhibition, prize-giving and other activities that reasonably relate to this project (such as a report on our activities throughout the year). Any further use would be subject to a non-exclusive royalty payment, to be agreed in relation to the expected usage and equivalent stock image charges.
- We will endeavour to send you an email to confirm your entry has been received, but we can’t accept any responsibility if we don’t receive your entry for whatever reason. If you don’t receive an email, please contact us. The receipt email does not constitute acceptance of your photograph into the competition.
- The photograph must not have been edited in a way that materially changes the look, feel and content of the image. This is obviously a fuzzy boundary, but essentially we want a single image, and not a composite. Normal, global manipulations of exposure, brightness etc are fine.
- We reserve the right to reject entries if they don’t conform to the above requirements, are found to be corrupt, or otherwise have technical problems.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results.
- The competition is open to anyone in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, except for employees of Humanists UK, their families, or anyone else associated with this competition.
- The winners will be contacted and invited to the Exhibition Launch and Awards Ceremony which will take place on the evening of Tuesday 24 November 2015.
- We will not offer cash alternatives to the prizes, and prizes are not transferable.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of circumstances outside of our control. We will notify entrants as soon as possible, as appropriate.
- Submitting an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Good luck! If you have any questions or queries about the competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.