Voting is now open for student members of Humanists UK to appoint the next President of Humanist Students.
All student members of Humanist UK have a say in the leadership of Humanist Students. Each year student members of Humanists UK can run for the position of and elect a new President-Elect. The President-Elect serves for three years. One year shadowing the current President as President-Elect, one year as President and then a final year as President Emeritus.
This is an important role providing strategic support to all the work Humanists UK does with students, Humanist societies and all non-religious students at UK universities.
The candidates for the role of Humanist Students President Elect are below, please click on their name to read their supporting statement or see all candidates’ statements here:
- Candidate 1: David Stanley, University of Southampton
- Candidate 2: Elena Strefford-Caine, Leeds College of Music
- Candidate 3: Adedapo Adebajo, University of Edinburgh
- Candidate 4: James Dart, University of Exeter
- Candidate 5: Ronald Barr, Open University
- Candidate 6: Ahmed Abdelmaksoud, University of Essex
Please read all statements carefully before you cast your vote.
Voting will be conducted online between 1 August – 28 August. Please use the form below to cast your vote.
Please note any student who wants to vote must be signed up to student membership. To facilitate this we ask for your member ID and your email address.
If you want to vote and haven’t signed up for membership yet you can do that here.