We work on behalf of non-religious people who seek to live ethical lives on the basis of reason and humanity. We promote Humanism, a secular state, and equal treatment of everyone regardless of religion or belief.
Find meaning, beauty and joy in the one life we have, without the need for an afterlife.
Look to science instead of religion as the best way to discover and understand the world.
Believe people can use empathy and compassion to make the world a better place for everyone.
Are you a humanist? Take our quick quiz to find out.
News from the BHA
Humanists welcome Girlguiding inclusion of non-religious
18 Jun 2013
Girlguiding UK has announced a new version of its Promise – ‘the core expression of values and the common standard that brings everyone in guiding [...]
MPs vote against adding PSHE to the national curriculum
12 Jun 2013
MPs yesterday debated proposals to add Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education, including Sex and Relationships Education (SRE), to the national curriculum. The amendment [...]
Humanists criticise human rights abuses in Morocco, Bangladesh and Iran
11 Jun 2013
Humanists have highlighted human rights abuses in Morocco, Bangladesh and Iran at a meeting of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva. Representatives of the [...]
- Humanists welcome Girlguiding inclusion of non-religious
Get a free copy of our Humanism: A Short Course by paying with a Tweet or a Facebook share.
Latest blog posts
- Blunders of Genius: interesting errors by Darwin, Pauling, and Einstein June 14, 2013Via BoingBoing.net: Charles Darwin, Linus Pauling, and Albert Einstein made great contributions to science. They also made large blunders. In this original essa […]
- UN Population Division uploads Revision of World Population data in interactive tool June 14, 2013UN Population Division has uploaded the Revision of World Population data in interactive tool: http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/unpp/panel_population.htm […]
- Chief Rabbi says atheism has failed June 14, 2013I love the remark made by one Oxford don about another: ‘On the surface, he’s profound, but deep down, he’s superficial.’ That sentence has more than once come […]
- Blunders of Genius: interesting errors by Darwin, Pauling, and Einstein June 14, 2013
At university? The AHS have resources and funds for your atheist / humanist / secularist group. Or start your own!
The Pod Delusion
The Pod Delusion is the partner podcast of the BHA, and is an award-winning weekly news magazine radio programme and podcast about interesting things. Download the latest episode here.