Joining the British Humanist Association is about expressing your approach to life and supporting us in our work. We are entirely dependent on the generous gifts of our members for our much-needed campaigning, and for giving us the growing constituency that really counts in our lobbying.
You can join online right away.
What do I get with my BHA membership?
Aside from the warm glow of supporting our work and helping us with our causes and campaigns, you will receive:
- Our regular BHA News postal magazine
- Reduced price tickets to our events
- Access to the Members’ Area on our website
- Badges! You get two: ‘Good without God’ and ‘Happy Humanist’
- The right to propose and vote on motions at our AGM (16+ only)
and you can join and participate in our BHA sections:
- LGBT Humanists, the BHA section for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender humanists
- Defence Humanists, the BHA section for members of the armed forces and the MoD
- The AHS – the National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secular Student Societies
- Young Humanists, the BHA section for non-religious people aged 18–35
- Wales Humanists
- Northern Ireland Humanists
I want to renew my existing membership
No problem – just login on the right, then go to ‘My Dashboard’.
Can I join as a family?
Yes – family members within the same household are covered under one family membership. Once you’ve signed up for a family membership you can log in and enter your family members’ details. Everybody you register counts as a BHA member, with full voting rights for those 16+, but the household will only receive one copy of our mailings.
Can I join over the phone?
Yes, of course – please call us on 020 7324 3060.
Can I join by post?
Please download and fill in our membership form, and post it to: BHA, 39 Moreland Street, London, EC1V 8BB.
Can I buy a membership as a gift?
Yes – please purchase through our shop.
Can I add a donation to the BHA?
Thank you! Please see our Donate pages after you’ve joined.