We work on behalf of non-religious people who seek to live ethical lives on the basis of reason and humanity. We promote Humanism, a secular state, and equal treatment of everyone regardless of religion or belief.
Find meaning, beauty and joy in the one life we have, without the need for an afterlife.
Look to science instead of religion as the best way to discover and understand the world.
Believe people can use empathy and compassion to make the world a better place for everyone.
Are you a humanist? Take our quick quiz to find out.
News from the BHA
AHS National Convention highlights continued need for a strong student movement
10 Mar 2014
This weekend the National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secularist Student Societies (AHS), held its National Convention at Conway Hall in London. It has been a tumultuous […]
BHA expresses concern over Free School with links to creationist school network
10 Mar 2014
The British Humanist Association (BHA) has today expressed concern over a Free School that opened this September which the BHA has discovered is run by […]
BHA expresses alarm at reported ‘jihadist plot to take over Birmingham schools’
7 Mar 2014
The British Humanist Association (BHA) has expressed alarm at reports of a campaign by Islamic fundamentalists in Birmingham to take control of a number of […]
- AHS National Convention highlights continued need for a strong student movement
Get a free copy of our Humanism: A Short Course by paying with a Tweet or a Facebook share.
Latest blog posts
- Convincing others of reality March 10, 2014by John Watts How do we best convince mankind that any belief can only be deduced from proven reality, not visa versa, reality from unproven belief? Since relig […]
- Humanism and the hereafter February 28, 2014It seems that primitive man, everywhere and in every culture, had an instinctive belief in some sort of existence after death. For the primitive psyche perhaps […]
- Great essays in the humanist tradition: ‘Evangelical Teaching: Dr Cumming’ by George Eliot February 27, 2014In the first of a series, HumanistLife brings you a great essay from the public domain. Born Mary Ann Evans, George Eliot was a remarkable person. Not only did […]
- Convincing others of reality March 10, 2014
At university? The AHS have resources and funds for your atheist / humanist / secularist group. Or start your own!
The Pod Delusion
The Pod Delusion is the partner podcast of the BHA, and is an award-winning weekly news magazine radio programme and podcast about interesting things. Download the latest episode here.