We work on behalf of non-religious people who seek to live ethical lives on the basis of reason and humanity. We promote Humanism, a secular state, and equal treatment of everyone regardless of religion or belief.
Find meaning, beauty and joy in the one life we have, without the need for an afterlife.
Look to science instead of religion as the best way to discover and understand the world.
Believe people can use empathy and compassion to make the world a better place for everyone.
Are you a humanist? Take our quick quiz to find out.
News from the BHA
Public overwhelmingly agrees that ‘faith’ schools should teach sex education and not teach creationism
17 Apr 2014
A new YouGov survey for the Jewish Chronicle has found the vast majority of the public agreeing that state-funded ‘faith’ schools should not ‘be allowed […]
Religious Education teachers invited to day conference on including non-religious perspectives
16 Apr 2014
The British Humanist Association (BHA) is presenting a free day conference for teachers on exploring Humanism and non-religious perspectives within Religious Education (RE) lessons. The […]
BHA President Jim Al-Khalili delivers 2014 Voltaire Lecture
15 Apr 2014
The room was heaving in Conway Hall last night as British Humanist Association (BHA) President, physicist and broadcaster Professor Jim Al-Khalili gave this year’s Voltaire […]
- Public overwhelmingly agrees that ‘faith’ schools should teach sex education and not teach creationism
Get a free copy of our Humanism: A Short Course by paying with a Tweet or a Facebook share.
Latest blog posts
- ‘Only connect’? Forsterian ideology in an age of hyperconnectivity April 9, 2014Emily Buchanan explores the pitfalls of modern hyperconnectivity with a look back at two great stories by beloved humanist writer E. M. Forster, as well as film […]
- Galha’s journey to success April 4, 2014Derek Lennard of Galha LGBT Humanists reflects on just how far LGBT rights have come in this country in the time since Galha was founded. Galha LGBT Humanists w […]
- An atheist Scout leader on the recent promise changes by the Scouts and Guides April 1, 2014Atheist Scout leader Ralph Parlour presents his own personal view on the recent reforms made by the Scout Association and Girlguiding UK. On the 1st of Septembe […]
- ‘Only connect’? Forsterian ideology in an age of hyperconnectivity April 9, 2014
At university? The AHS have resources and funds for your atheist / humanist / secularist group. Or start your own!
We film many of our talks, lectures and other events, and the videos can all be found on our YouTube channel.